When art imitates life...
These vegan banana date muffins (made using oat and hemp) are inspired by our fan favorite, Banana Cinnamon Date pints. Customers are always so intrigued by this flavor and the flavor profile reminds them of banana bread. In the Wonderlab, along with making gelato, we love cooking, baking and creating new recipes. Our founder, Kirsten, created this recipe to bring the flavors of Doozy Pots into a warm, wholesome baked treat; perfect for a cozy weekend breakfast or served with a scoop of gelato for dessert. We hope you enjoy!
- 3-4 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 4 medium or 3 large)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk (oat, almond or cashew)
- 1/3 cup hemp seed or sunflower or oil
- 2 tablespoons date syrup or pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons hemp seed hearts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil the muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana until smooth
- Stir in the ground flax seed, plant-based milk, oil, date syrup, brown sugar and vanilla into the banana until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour together.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the banana mixture, until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture into the muffin tins.
- Bake them for 35 to 40 minutes, until lightly golden and firm on top.
- Place the muffin pan on a cooling rack for 30 minutes.